During the COVID-19 pandemic, Peel Vision would like to reassure our valued patients and referrers that our highest priority remains the ongoing delivery of ophthalmic care and keeping our patients, their families and our staff safe.
We are paying close attention to and complying with the rapidly evolving advice from state and federal authorities to help stop the spread at this critical phase of the pandemic. We have implemented measures within the practice including:
- Pre-visit screening of patients and caregivers (via phone and text)
- Enforcing social distancing by limiting the numbers of patients in the practice at any one time. This includes spacing out appointment times, asking that non-essential carers remain in their car during the visit, and the placement of waiting room chairs more than 2m apart.
- Reducing aerosol spread in the practice, with masks provided to patients during their visit and requests to limit talking whilst in the waiting and consult rooms. Our clinical staff will also be wearing masks and eye-protection.
- Stringent cleaning measures of waiting room chairs, high-touch surfaces, and all diagnostic and examination equipment between patients. Patients’ hands are also sanitised before entry and on exit of the practice.
- Protective shields at the reception counter and on diagnostic equipment
We are currently limiting face-to-face consultations with Dr Then to urgent and semi-urgent cases only. Non-urgent appointments are being rescheduled where appropriate, and where possible we are also providing consultations and advice via telephone and video conferencing to our patients and referrers. Our staff are trained to assist you with setting-up your devices to enable video conferencing with Dr Then.
Our phone lines will remain open on weekdays from 9.00am to 4.30pm and our staff will continue to assist with referrals, advice and scripts. Dr Then is also available to referrers via mobile.
We apologise for this temporary disruption to our usual services, but our priority is and always will be the safety and well-being of our patients and staff during these unprecedented times.